The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities. The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective researchers.
The purpose of the program is to advance international cooperation of Turkey in science and technology by providing financial support to international young researchers
Maximum duration for the fellowship is 12 months.
- A monthly stipend of 2,500 Turkish Liras.
- Travel costs (round trip up to 2,250 TL) and Health insurance premiums (up to 2,250 TL) *. In case of approval of TÜBİTAK Department of Science Fellowships and Grant Programs (BİDEB) Group Executive Committee, travel costs and health insurance for the fellow may be partially covered.
*All fellows should send the receipts of their travel and insurance expenses for the reimbursement via mail and post to TÜBİTAK.
Monthly scholarship / support amounts to be paid to scholarships for 2017:
- A monthly stipend of 1.700 Turkish Liras (TL) for MSc/MA students
- A monthly stipend of 2.000 Turkish Liras (TL) for PhD students
- Tution Fee (up to 2.000 Turkish Liras)
- A monthly allowance for health insurance coverage for the award holder only.