Applicants must start their research within 12 months from the date they are entitled to support. Fellowship will not be started for those who have not started their work during the determined period without a valid excuse (health, family issues, force majeure, etc.) which is acceptable by the GYK and they will lose their rights to fellowship for the relevant year and term.
Failure to start research during the determined period because of a valid excuse, the starting date of the research might be extended by the GYK decision in response to the reasoned request of the applicant.
After the arrival to Turkey and starting the proposed research in the university or research institute, the applicant must send the following documents to BIDEB to start his/her fellowship;
1. The originals or certified copies of the documents stated in the in subparagraphs (b), (c), (d), (f), (g), (h), (i), and (k) from the documents uploaded to the system during the application,
2. Letter of commitment, arranged by TUBITAK, and signed by the applicant and the academic advisor(s) in Turkey,
3. A letter from the academic advisor(s) in Turkey, indicating the exact starting date of the research of the applicant,
4. Bank account information of the applicant,
5. If necessary, the relevant Ethics Committee Document.
After the completion of the process, the fellowship is started.
In the case of a wish of those supported less than 12 months to extend the fellowship duration up to 12 months, it needed to apply to BİDEB with the following documents;
- Reasoned request for the extension of the fellowship signed by the fellow and the academic advisor(s) in Turkey and
- Detailed research report signed by the fellow and the academic advisor(s) in Turkey.
In case the GYK approves the request, extension is finalized with the approval of the Presidency.
Fellows are obligated to submit one progress and one final report within the specified dates based on the starting date and the duration of their fellowship. These reports must be signed by the fellow and the academic advisor(s) in Turkey.