- When and how can I apply?
All applicants must register in the Researcher Information System (ARBIS), designed and developed by TÜBİTAK from the following link https://arbis.tubitak.gov.tr/home.jsf before submitting their application electronically via TÜBİTAK fellowship application portal, which can be reached at http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/ within the dates announced in the call announcement.
- Can Master students benefit from the program?
No, they cannot apply.
- Can Turkish citizens with dual citizenship benefit from this program?
No, they cannot apply.
- What should I do when I encounter a problem in the arbis system during the application?
You should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by adding the screenshot of the page you are having trouble with.
- Can I apply by submitting the required documents without an online application?
The program application is made only online during the determined application process. Documents sent by post during the application are not accepted.
- Who is the highest official of a university or research institution in Turkey from which the invitation letter can be obtained?
The invitation letter must be obtained from the highest authority of a university or research institution in Turkey. For universities and research centers/institutes affiliated with universities, the highest authorized rector or vice-rector is accepted as the institute director or deputy director for research institutes.
Moreover, Since the following centers have gained a public legal personality, the institute director or deputy director is accepted as the highest authority of the said centers.
- Izmir Biomedicine and Genome Center (IBG)
- METU MEMS Center
- Sabancı University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center (SUNUM)
- Bilkent University National Nanotechnology Research Center (UNAM)
- How long does it take to start research after I am eligible for a fellowship?
You must start your research within 12 months from the date of the acceptance letter sent to you by TÜBİTAK.
- When will the results be announced and where can I learn the results?
Results are announced within the date specified in the call calendar. To find out your results, you need to log in to e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr.
- How much is the support amount?
The amount of support to be given to young researchers supported under the program is available on the program's website.
- What is the process to be followed for the payment of travel and private health insurance expenses?
Travel payments and private health insurance costs to Turkey are covered by the fellow. After the fellowship support is started, the relevant payment documents must be delivered to BİDEB. Travel and private health insurance costs are paid to the fellow within the upper limits set by TÜBITAK.
- Are retroactive payments made for the dates before it became clear that I was entitled to support?
There is no retroactive payment to the fellow who had come to Turkey by their means before the date of the award letters.
- When are the fellowship payments are made?
Fellowship payments are deposited to the TL account opened in the name of the fellows on the last day of each month.