The main theme of the 23rd meeting of SCST was "National Innovation and Entrepreneurship System and steps to be taken to foster this system". The meeting started with the opening speech by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and continued with the presentation by Prof. Dr. Yücel Altunbaşak, President of TÜBİTAK.
The following eight new decrees were adopted at the meeting (Decrees can be previewed in Turkish):
- National Innovation System 2023 Targets [2011/101]
- Setting up a Coordination Board to Secure Integrity, Coherence and Target Oriented Approach in the R&D, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Support Mechanisms [2011/102]
- Developing Policy Tools to Activate and Increase the Number of R&D Intensive Start Ups [2011/103]
- Developing Policy Tools to Trigger Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Universities [2011/104]
- Promotion Entrepreneurship Culture [2011/105]
- Improving Public Procurement and Public Right of Use in such a way to Foster Innovation, Localization and Technology Transfer [2011/106]
- Promotion of Science Centers [2011/107]
- Developing Policy Tools to Stimulate Domestic Patent Licensing [2011/108]
The areas ”energy”, “water” and “food” have been taken under the auspices of the Prime Minister by the decree no. 2010/101 at the 21st meeting of the Supreme Council for Science and Technology in June 2010. Decision for the establishment of National Energy, Water and Food R&D and Innovation Strategies Working Groups with the participation of related stakeholders (public institutions, private sector and academia) under the coordination of The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) was taken by this decree. The studies which are forseen by this decree have been concluded.
In addition to new decrees, monitoring and evaluation of R&D and innovation strategies in energy, water and food areas will be performed under the decree no. 2010/201 "National Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy 2011-2016".
Further meeting documents are given below (in Turkish):
- Opening Speech by Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Prime Minister
- Presentation by Prof. Dr. Yücel ALTUNBAŞAK, President of TÜBİTAK
- Assessment of Previous Decrees
- Appendix 1. National Energy R&D and Innovation Strategy
- Appendix 2. National Water R&D and Innovation Strategy
- Appendix 3. National Food R&D and Innovation Strategy
- New Decrees That Have Been Adopted in 23rd Meeting of SCST (All)