With this mechanism, private sector firms, especially those that contain an R&D and product design centre, will form a network with other firms that take place in the value chain of the targeted technology-based product together with end-users, technology development zones and universities. As a whole, the network will have the opportunity to take centre stage in the innovation system for co-creating high value-added products and technologies for the market.
The networks will be established in two phases:
In the first phase, the support grant will be directed to establishing models of cooperation and networks based on a “product/ commercialization roadmap” that includes a business model.
In the second phase, the support grant will be provided to implementing the R&D and innovation activities that take place in the product/ commercialization roadmap based on the strategic milestones that have been put forth by the actors who are involved in the network for co-creating high value-added products. The targeted Technology Readiness Level should be between TRL 5 or 6 and 9, thereby targeting technological innovation that is closer to the market.
Briefly, the aim of SAYEM is as follows;
- High technology product/product groups that will be developed through the road map will be identified.
- The product road map will be created after the management model and the risk analysis are done.
- The content of the projects and their location in the road map will be planned.
- The sustainability of the growing consortium will be planned
- Intellectual property rights will be determined