1071 - SUPPORT PROGRAMME FOR INCREASING CAPACITY TO BENEFIT FROM INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH FUNDS AND PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL R&D COOPERATION
Aim and Scope
The aim of 1071 Support Program is to increase the capacity of researchers of our country to apply to international support funds, to improve their success performance in applications, and to support projects within the scope of call areas to be determined for enhancing participation in bilateral and multilateral international R&D collaborations. Within the scope of the Program, the calls are open for applications from academia, academia-industry cooperation or industry in different disciplines and different types of projects. In the calls, the university-industry-public institution collaborations are encouraged in line with the bilateral and multilateral international cooperation mechanisms that support participation in the European Union Framework Programs and similar international programs. Application, evaluation and monitoring procedures of the 1071 Support Program are carried out by the International Collaboration Projects Research Support Group (UPAG).
Two types of project support within the scope of in bilateral calls are given below:
- Research Projects
The aim of this type of project calls is to support research projects that should contribute to the current state of the art by producing new knowledge, making new scientific interpretations or solving technological problems based on scientific principles.
Funding rate is 100% for “Research Projects”.
- R&D - Innovation Projects
Within the framework of the R&D - Innovation Projects calls, the projects with the following objectives are supported:
• Producing a new product,
• Increasing the product quality or standards,
• Developing new techniques to reduce costs and increase standards,
• Developing new production technologies.
The projects, focusing on research and experimental development, “technologically new or improved product”, “technological process innovation” are preferred; basic research projects are not supported within the scope of this type of call.
Funding rates for R&D - Innovation projects are;
- 100% for universities & public institutions,
- 75% for SMEs,
- 60% for large companies.
In the calls opened within the scope of multilateral cooperation, the scope and rules determined within the framework of the international agreements signed are applied.
For bilateral and multilateral project calls, thematic call areas, application conditions, budget issues, maximum duration of projects, call procedure and other matters specific to the calls are approved by the Presidency of TÜBİTAK and announced in the national call documents.
Applications to TÜBİTAK within the scope of the calls can only be made with electronic signature (e-signature) over the electronic system, https://uidb-pbs.tubitak.gov.tr before the call deadline. The e-signature process must be completed before the specified deadlines. Except for the auxiliary staff and the foreign consultant, other persons in the project team and all executives/participating institutions/organizations authorities must have qualified electronic certificates (e-signature).
Application conditions may differ depending on the call to be applied, so the national call document published on the application page must be read carefully before the application.
Some important points to consider for the application process:
- Applications can only be made with electronic signature. Signatures of project team(s) and institution(s) must be full and complete.
- The application must be completed within the deadline of application.
- The application must be made in accordance with the related call conditions.
- A project proposal can be submitted to a single call during the same application period.
- The application form must be filled in in detail and the required documents must be fully uploaded to the application system.
- If more than one institution/organization from Turkey participates in the same international project, a single national application must be made to TÜBİTAK.
- If an international joint project application is required within the scope of multilateral calls, both national and international applications must be submitted.
- If an application was made to TÜBİTAK before with the same / similar project proposal and the application was rejected as a result of scientific evaluation, Project Proposal Change Notification Form and Waiver Form (if necessary) should be filled.
- Before submit the application, the information regarding the Ethics Committee Approval Certificate, Legal / Special Permit Certificate and Support Letter should be read carefully. If the project is decided to be supported, necessary document should be submitted to TÜBİTAK in the desired format and in full within the time given by the International Cooperation Projects Research Support Group (UPAG). If the documents cannot be obtained within the specified period, the project will not be started.
- Consultancy and service procurement expenses taken from international project partners are not covered by TUBITAK.
Evaluation Procedure and Decision of Support
If the project proposal are evaluated by TÜBİTAK, the proposals will be reviewed according to a certain set of evaluation criteria.
• Importance of International Collaboration
• Scientific Excellence
• Project Management
In cases where the scientific evaluations are made by international independent panels/referees in multi-partner projects, the evaluation criteria is determined by call secretariat.
As a result of the evaluation process, the support decision, amount of funds to be transferred and accepted project duration are determined by the approval of TÜBİTAK Presidency.