Innovative SMEs are invited to apply to the first call of “the EU Partnership on Innovative SMEs / Innowwide”. The project grant is 60,000 euro to assess the viability of research or commercial ambitions in international markets. The call will be open between 5 September 2022 to 15 November 2022, 17:00 CET.
Choosing a target region and country and finding a local counterpart are required for the feasibility projects. The market feasibility project over a six-month period, SMEs are expected to conduct market feasibility studies for innovative projects or solutions and work with local experts in your selected target country.
Funding is for SMEs in European Union Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries partnering with a counterpart in Africa, North and South America, the Middle East or Asia-Pacific.
Even though only SMEs in European Union Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries benefit from funding, you are allowed to subcontract to your partner in your selected target country. Subcontracted partners sign a commitment before you submit your project application. This year, the European Partnership on Innovative SMEs/Innowwide will fund 50 projects (with up to 25 of those involving counterparts in Africa).
Please click here for the call text, guidelines and a copy of the application form.
Applications must be completed and submitted by someone legally authorised to represent the SME based in the EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country. Applications must be completed on our SmartSimple platform https://eureka.smartsimple.ie/
Conditions for applying:
• You are an SME in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country with a partner based in a country in North or South America, Asia-Pacific or the Middle East.
• You are an SME in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country with a partner based in an African country.
• You are an SME in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country and you are submitting an application on behalf of an African company that you provide services to.
An initial question will categorise your application under one of these three groups. If you are an SME in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country and you are submitting an application on behalf of an African company directing its innovation towards EU or Associated Country, your African counterpart will be, nevertheless, considered as the “main subcontractor” for application purposes.
The same evaluation criteria apply to any of the three categories.
- Register on https://eureka.smartsimple.ie/
- Complete the application form in English. Note: You need to invite your counterpart (main subcontractor in the market feasibility project) to sign a commitment in the platform before you submit your project application.
- Upload your annexes:
• Financial statements or business plan
- Submit your completed application form electronically before the call deadline.
Complete and eligible applications are evaluated by three remote experts (one of them acting as rapporteur, responsible for drafting a consensus report), using the online call management platform, according to three criteria: excellence, impact and quality and efficiency of the implementation. Your application is given points out of 200.
Applications below any of these thresholds will be discarded:
- Excellence: 30 points
- Impact: 50 points
- Quality and efficiency of implementation: 30 points
An independent evaluation panel will decide a ranking list based on evaluation results. In this call for market feasibility projects, two separate ranking lists will be made:
- At least 25 projects with partners in North and South America, Asia-Pacific or the Middle East
- Up to 25 projects with an African partner
- Call opening: 5 September 2022
- Call deadline: 15 November 2022, 17:00 CET
- Evaluation results (indicative): March 2023
- Grant signature (indicative): April 2023
The European Partnership on the Innovative SMEs/Innowwide Call Secretariat
Dr. Elif DOĞAN-ARSLAN
The European Partnership on the Innovative SMEs Coordination Group Representative
TÜBİTAK Department for International Cooperation
Tel: 0312 298 1416