Tech-InvesTR Venture Fund Support Program has been designed to add value to Turkish economy through providing the needed capital to early stage corporates, like SMES, in the process of commercialization of their newly developed R&D products and technologies.
With the Tech – InvesTR Venture Capital Support Program that will be carried out jointly by TÜBİTAK and the Secretariat of Treasury, it is aimed at;
- Supporting early stage technology based venture firms through funding them the venture capital they need,
- Creating a high value-added production environment through the commercialization of R&D and innovation products of early stage technology-based enterprises
- Contributing to the creation of venture capital ecosystem through encouraging the establishment of new funds to provide venture capital for venture firms,
- Enriching financial supports suitable for each stage of the life cycle of companies in order to ensure the stability of the created ecosystem.
- Increasing the number of investors in the venture capital ecosystem,
- Creating a sustainable venture capital ecosystem in order to support early stage technology-based initiatives,
- Providing experience and resources in venture capital in Technology Transfer Offices, Technology Development Zones and qualified Research Infrastructures.
Undersecretariat of Treasury, Technology Transfer Offices (TTO), Technology Development Zones (TDZ), qualified Research Infrastructures (RI) and other private investors will participate as limited liability partners in venture capital funds to be established within the scope of Tech - InvesTR Program. Fund management will be carried out by independent fund managers.
50% of the contributions of TTOs, TDZs, and RIs for the early stage technology-based enterprises participating in the funds as investors will be supported by TÜBİTAK as grants. In addition, organizations will be provided with general expense support up to 10% of their contribution.
In addition, if requested, a pre-payment will be made to TTOs, TDZs and RIs up to 20% of the total amount committed by them in order to meet their cash requirement.
TÜBİTAK’s donations to TTOs, TDZs and RIs will be subjected to 2 main conditions; resources and providence of the accumulation of experience. Through fund accumulation condition, in case an end in subsidy or an exit from subsidy circle; TÜBİTAK grant will accumulate in these institutions and will be used again only for the funding of technology-based enterprises in future periods. Through experience accumulation condition, it is aimed at experience transferring to funded institutions. In accordance, at least one employee of the participating organization will take part in the fund activities and will be responsible for the fund management, corporate valuation and legal transactions in order to acquire experience in these issues and to transfer these experiences into the ecosystem.
Within the framework of the new Tech - InvesTR program entered into force along with the Agreement signed between TÜBİTAK and the Undersecretariat of Treasury on 14.06.2018, TÜBİTAK launches calls with a budget of 100 Million TL.
Please click for Call Guide.
Please click for Joint Application Form.
Please click for Joint Application Form Guide.