PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
The purpose of this program is to support short-term R&D projects with small budgets and immediate start requirements. Proposals are accepted from members of universities, research hospitals, and research institutes.
PROJECT PERSONNEL REQUIREMENTS
A. Project Manager and Researchers
- University personnel should have a PhD degree or should be PhD student.
- Those working in a public institution or a private corporation should have a undergraduate degree.
- They should both reside and work in Turkey.
- Scholarships can be given to graduate students of universities and institutions in Turkey. Individuals with a PhD degree and who do not have any other source of income can get a postgraduate scholarship. Individuals who are older than 40 years old or who got their PhD degree more than 5 years ago are not eligible for a postgraduate scholarship.
- TÜBİTAK - BİDEB scholarship students can be scholarship students in a 1002 project as long as they do not receive any stipends from the project fund. It is not possible to be a scholarship student simultaneously in two different projects funded by TÜBİTAK.
WHO CANNOT BE A PROJECT MANAGER?
University presidents and vice presidents, deans, academy and institute principles, surgeons general, general secretaries, general managers or state department heads, and members of the executive committee and advisory board of TÜBİTAK groups cannot be the project manager if they are working in those positions as of the application date. However, they can be researchers.
OTHER POINTS TO BE CONSIDERED
- Project managers and researchers and advisers* should be registered with TÜBİTAK Researcher Information System (ARBİS) database and their information should be up-to-date.
- The project manager and researchers should reside in Turkey (non-Turkish citizens can be project managers/researchers in projects as long as they work in an institution in Turkey).
- The application form should be completed in Turkish (except the English abstract and the foreign references).
- All the required titles should be written on the application form.
- The application form should be signed by the project manager and researcher(s) and the institution authorities.
- As the institution authority, in universities and university institutions, the president or vice president should sign the application form. In other foundations, the general manager or vice general manager should sign the application form.
- Curriculum vitae of the project manager and researcher(s) should be prepared in the required format.
- A pro forma invoice for any machine/equipment and service proposed to be purchased using project funds should be included in the application.
- A person cannot be involved in more than one 1002 project.
At most 12 months.
PROJECT BUDGET (As of 2012)
- The annual budget limit for short-term R&D funding projects is 30,000 TL (scholarship payments are included).
- Proposals for machine/equipment purchases should be balanced with the total budget.
- The monthly allocated budget for scholarships cannot exceed 900 TL.
There is no application deadline for this program.
HOW AND WHERE TO APPLY
Applications are to be submitted online at http://ardeb1002.tubitak.gov.tr. In order to sgin in to online application system, the applicant should have a valid ARBİS user name and password. Before filling in the online application form the following should be prepared in the required format:
- Short-term R&D funding project application form,
- Cirriculum vitae of project manager and researchers,
- If required, committee of ethics approval form (should be signed by all the members of the committee of ethics),
- Possession of rights declaration form,
- Pro forma invoices The relevant forms are located on TÜBİTAK’s web page for "1002 Hızlı Destek Programı" under the title "Başvuru">"Başvuruda Kullanılacak Belgeler". Applications that do not contain all the above documents or that are not prepared in the required format are not considered for scientific evaluation and are returned to the applicant.
USEFUL DOCUMENTS FOR PROJECT PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT
- 1002 Short Term R&D Funding Program Regulations and Basic Principals (in Turkish)
- Financial and Administrative Principles for Research Projects (in Turkish)
- Explanaiton for Economic Codes (in Turkish)
APPLICATION EVALUATION PERIOD
Before the project proposals are evaluated scientifically, they are evaluated by the Academic R&D Funding Directorate with respect to the required criteria and format. The proposals that satisfy the required criteria are forwarded to research groups for scientific evaluation. The evaluation of the project proposals takes approximately two months after being forwarded to research groups.
TÜBİTAK Araştırma Destek Programları Başkanlığı
Tunus Cad. No:80 06100 Kavaklıdere-ANKARA
Tel : 0-312-4685300-3320/3322
Fax : 0-312-426 92 07
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org